The responsible body in terms of data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is:
Data protection officer: Steven Mettler
In accordance with Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the data protection regulations of the Swiss Confederation (Data Protection Act, DSG), every person has the right to protection of his or her privacy and to protection against misuse of his or her personal data. The operators of these pages take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the legal data protection regulations as well as this data protection declaration.
In cooperation with our hosting providers, we endeavour to protect the databases as effectively as possible against unauthorised access, loss, misuse or falsification. We would like to point out that data transmission via the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) may have security vulnerabilities. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not ensured.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of data as described below. This website can in principle be accessed without registration. Data such as pages accessed or the name of the file accessed, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address, are collected on a voluntary basis as far as practicable. No data will be passed on to third parties without your consent.
Processing of personal data; type, purpose and their use
When visiting the website:
When visiting our website, information is temporarily stored in so-called log files on our server. This is information that the browser of your end device automatically sends. Namely:
- IP address of the contacting device
- Date and time
- URL of the page called up
- Referrer URL
- Browser and other device information
We then process the above information for the following purposes:
- Connection establishment of the website
- Use of our website
- System security and stability
We gather personal data in order to provide better services to our partners/customers. We believe that tailoring our activities to the wishes and needs of our partners/customers should make the tasks of daily life easier for you. Better services can be:
- Aligning the product range with customer needs.
- Optimising the content of our website as well as the advertising for it
- Simplifying processes, such as purchases or bookings, to help you get where you want to go quicker
- Finding and correcting errors sooner
The personal data we gather is just as varied. On the one hand, we collect personal data that you provide us with. On the other, we gather personal data that is collected automatically or manually when you contact us, such as:
- Surname and first name
- Birthday and age
- home address
- Company address
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Credit card and account information
- Language preferences
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address(es)
- Identification numbers of your technical devices
- Customer numbers
- Information on newsletters or other advertising you have subscribed to
- Consent to receive advertising
- Online customer account information (including opening date, usernames
- Memberships within our business area
- Photographs and video recordings of visits to our shops or other premises
Customer activity data:
- Contract data (including contract date, type, content; party to contract; term of contract; value of contract; claims made under contract);
- Shopping information (including date of purchase; place of purchase; time of purchase; type, quantity and value of goods and services purchased; shopping basket; abandoned shopping basket; means of payment used; payment point; purchase history);
- Customer service information (including returns of goods, complaints, warranty claims, delivery information);
- Session data relating to visits to our websites, apps for mobile devices or offers on internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks (including duration and frequency of visits, language and country preferences, information about browser and computer operating system, internet protocol addresses, search terms and search results; ratings given);
- Location-based data when using mobile devices;
- Communications via field service, telephone, email, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
Purpose of processing personal data
We process your personal data for different purposes. These purposes can be grouped into different categories. Specifically, we may process all or part of your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
Processing purposes in connection with our goods and service offerings
- Provision and sale of our goods and services;
- processing orders and contracts, including sending order and dispatch confirmations, delivery confirmations, delivery and invoicing
- Organisation and delivery of webinars and training
- Organisation and implementation of customer services
- Organisation and implementation of market research and opinion surveys
Processing purposes in connection with customer communication
- Provision, administration and execution of customer communications by post and by electronic means of communication.
- Business communication by post and via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging
- Evaluation of the use of our offers via telephone, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS) or instant messaging such as: Type of use, frequency and duration of use, exact location of use.
- E-mail advertising with newsletter registration - If you register for our newsletter, we use the data required for this purpose to regularly send you our e-mail newsletter based on your consent. You can unsubscribe at any time by sending a message to the contact option described below. After unsubscribing, we will delete your e-mail address unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data beyond this time, as permitted by law and about which we shall inform you in this statement.
Processing purposes in connection with special activities and events.
- Organisation and implementation of competitions or prize draws, including notification and publication of the winners via our internet pages, apps for mobile devices or our offers on internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks.
- Organisation and implementation of special occasions such as events and trade fair appearances.
Processing purposes in connection with the analysis of customer behaviour
- Optimisation of the locations and the product range in our branches. This is achieved through individualised and person-related, as well as anonymous and group-related recording and evaluation of historical and current customer and purchasing behaviour in our shops or other premises - including the creation and analysis of location data, movement profiles and shopping basket analysis;
- Individualised and person-related or anonymous and group-related recording and evaluation of historical and current customer and purchasing behaviour when using the offers on our websites, apps for mobile devices or on internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks;
- Individualised and person-related or anonymous and group-related recognition, classification and analysis of current and potential customer needs and interests;
- Individualised and personalised or anonymous and group-related classification and analysis of customer behaviour as well as customer potential;
- Statistical evaluation of customer behaviour on the basis of anonymised customer data;
Processing purposes in connection with direct marketing
- Simplification of processes - such as purchases or bookings - and use of findings from the analysis of customer behaviour for the continuous improvement of all goods and services offered;
- Avoidance of non-essential advertising by using insights from the analysis of customer behaviour for individualised and personalised direct marketing;
- Sending individualised and personalised advertising by post or via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
- Individualised and personalised adaptation of offers as well as advertising on our internet pages, apps for mobile devices or on our channels on internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks.
Disclosure of data to third-parties (including jointly responsible and commissioned data processors)
Your personal data will also be disclosed to
- EVALANCHE Europastrasse 30, 8152 Glattbrugg, Schweiz
The data you provide in order to use our range of goods and/or services will be processed by us for the purpose of processing the contract and is necessary to this extent. The conclusion and processing of the contract are not possible without the provision of your data.
The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
In the context of contract processing, we pass your data on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery of goods or to the financial service provider, insofar as this is necessary for the goods delivery or for payment purposes.
We may also disclose your personal data to third-parties outside Stilus AG in order to use technical or organisational services necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes or our other business activities. Our service providers are contractually bound to process the personal data exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. We also require our service providers to comply with technical and organisational measures that ensure the protection of personal data. We will contractually ensure that any service providers located in countries with applicable laws that fail to provide a level of protection of personal data comparable to Swiss law, comply with the Swiss level of data protection.
It may also occur that we also disclose your personal data should we consider it necessary in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, in the event of legal proceedings, at the request of the competent courts and authorities or as a result of other legal obligations, in order to protect and defend our rights or property.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. In order to constantly improve and optimise our internet offer, we use so-called tracking technologies. Web analysis tools supply us with statistics and graphics that provide us with information about the use of our Internet pages.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). For more information on Google Analytics and data protection, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
This website's provider automatically collects and stores information in so-called Server log files, which your browser then automatically transmits to us. These are:
- browser type and browser version
- operating system used
- referrer URL
- host name of the accessing computer
- time of the server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons and is not merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of concrete indications of illegal use.
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on this website, we require your e-mail address together with information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter. No further data will be collected. We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and it is not transferred to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time, for example by using the "unsubscribe" link in the newsletter.
Data protection declaration for contact form
When using the comment function on this website, in addition to your comment, details of when the comment was created, your e-mail address and, if you do not post anonymously, the user name you have chosen will be stored.
Storage of the IP address
Our comment function stores the IP addresses of users who post comments. As we do not check comments on our site before they are activated, we need this data in order to be able to take action against the poster in the event of legal violations such as insults or propaganda.
Social media plug-in
We use the social media plug-ins listed below on our website to make our company and our brands more widely known. The underlying promotional purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers. Data processing in connection with these plug-ins is carried out with your consent when you use them.
If you use the services of these social networks independently or in connection with our website, the social networks evaluate your use of the plugin. In this case, information is forwarded to the social networks via the plugin.
If you do not wish the provider to collect data about you via our website, you must log out from the provider before visiting our website. Even when you are logged out, the providers collect anonymised data via the social plugins and set a cookie for you. This data can be assigned to your profile if you subsequently log in to the provider at a later date.
This website uses functions of Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA . When you call up our pages with Facebook plug-ins, a connection is established between your browser and the Facebook servers. Data is already transmitted to Facebook during this process. This data can be linked to your existing Facebook account. If you do not wish this data to be associated with your Facebook account, please log out of Facebook before visiting our site. Interactions, in particular the use of a comment function or the clicking of a "Like" or "Share" button, are also passed on to Facebook. You can find out more at https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred pseudonymously to a LinkedIn server in the USA and stored there. LinkedIn does not, therefore, store the name or email address of the respective user. Rather, the above-mentioned data is only assigned to the person for whom the cookie was generated. This does not apply if the user has allowed LinkedIn to process without pseudonymisation or has a LinkedIn account.
We use LinkedIn Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. All LinkedIn companies have adopted the standard contractual clauses to ensure that the data traffic to the USA and Singapore necessary for the development, implementation and maintenance of the services takes place in a lawful manner. Where we ask users for consent, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis for the use of LinkedIn Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Audio and video conferencing
We use audio and video conferencing services to communicate with our users and other persons. In particular, we may use them to conduct audio and video conferencing, virtual meetings and training such as webinars.
In particular, we use Zoom, a service provided by the American Zoom Video Communications Inc. Zoom also grants the rights under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to users in Switzerland. Further information on the type, scope and purpose of data processing can be found in the data protection guidelines and on the "Legal provisions and data protection" page of Zoom in each case.
We process the data of our customers in accordance with the data protection regulations of the Federal Government (Data Protection Act, DSG) and the EU- GDPR within the scope of our contractual services. In doing so, we process inventory data (e.g., customer master data, such as names or addresses), contact data (e.g., e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g., text entries, etc.), contract data (e.g., subject matter of the contract, term), payment data (e.g., bank details, payment history), usage data and metadata (e.g., in the context of evaluating and measuring the success of marketing measures). The data subjects include our customers, interested parties as well as their customers, users, website visitors or employees as well as third parties. The purpose of the processing is the provision of contractual services, billing and our customer service. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR (Contractual services), Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (analysis, statistics, optimisation, security measures). We process data that is necessary for the justification and fulfilment of contractual services and indicate the necessity of their disclosure. Disclosure to external parties only occurs if it is necessary in the context of an order. When processing the data provided to us within the scope of an order, we act in accordance with the instructions of the client as well as the legal requirements of an order processing as per Art. 28 GDPR and do not process the data for any purposes other than those specified in the order.
We delete the data after the expiry of legal warranty and comparable obligations. The necessity of retaining the data is reviewed at irregular intervals. In the case of legal archiving obligations, the deletion takes place after their expiry. In the case of data disclosed to us by the client within the scope of an order, the data is deleted in accordance with the specifications of the order, in principle after the end of the order.
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data as per Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
We have technical and organisational security procedures in place to maintain the security of your personal data and to protect your session data and personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access. However, you should always be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet and other electronic means involves certain security risks and that consequently we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way. Our employees are trained and sensitised in data protection.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we consider necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer required and in any case at the end of the maximum retention period prescribed under the law.
Questions to the data protection officer
If you have any questions about data protection, please write to us by e-mail or contact the data protection officer in our organisation listed at the beginning of this privacy statement directly.
Uster, 11. April 2022